Saturday, July 18, 2009

Q&A: Ricardo Johnson


Since leading his team to a state championship back in March, Ricardo Johnson has been busy in the off season putting in countless hours working on his game and improving. Johnson is considered by several scouting services to be the best player in the deep class of 2010 here in Kentucky and hasn't disappointed throughout the summer. I had the chance to talk to Ric recently about his Holmes team as well as him and here is what he had to say:

How are some of the younger guys looking? Do you see any of them being able to contribute off the bench?


Ricardo: Yea I see some. They're just small right now. They are learning though just like everyone else.

What do you see that you guys need to improve on as a team and what would you say are the strengths of next year's team?

Ricardo: I would say our team DEFENSE. Defense is the key to the game. It can help you when your offense is off. So I believe that defense will be the key.

Do you think this year's team has the potential to be better than last year's?

Ricardo: To me, no. I say that just because of experience we had. But we have a chance to be good.

Obviously you want to win state and repeat as state champs, but what are some of your personal goals as far as next season goes?

Ricardo: Improve on my game and go somewhere where I can play.

What do you feel you can bring to a college program? Is there any particular style that you prefer to play in?

Ricardo: I feel that I can bring toughness, character, and heart to a program and I know how to win.

I prefer the running style.


Do any of the schools recruiting you right now stick out above the others?

Ricardo: I'm just open to everyone right now. When I know where I wanna go, that's when everyone else will know.

Do you feel it'd be beneficial for you to wait until your senior season is completed to make a decision, so you can fully weigh all of your options?

Yea, I'm going to wait when the season is over. As of now I gotta finish my senior year out with a bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment