Friday, August 14, 2009

A Rising Bluegrass Star

Nice segment on East Carter's Colt Barnhill in the Louisville Courier Journal today:

One player in the state of Kentucky that improved his stock more than any other in-state prospect this summer is East Carter forward Colt Barnhill.

The 6-foot-7 Barnhill went from an unknown commodity outside of the 16th Region to a player that has some serious interest from Division I schools.

Barnhill played for the Derek Smith All-Stars 17s team and in a number of games led the team in scoring and rebounding, playing in some of the best events in the country.

"I came into this summer being the underdog," Barnhill said. "Nobody knew about me but playing and all the coaches seeing me helped the word spread. It's just been a golden opportunity for me and I tried my best every game. I wanted to show them what I could do."

Barnhill, who averaged double figures the past two seasons at East Carter, said he will just "see how it rolls" from here on out before making a final decision.

With an offer in hand from Lincoln Memorial, Barnhill said Navy, Eastern Kentucky and Northern Kentucky have also been in contact. He noted Navy "has called a bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment